BUG FUN ACTIVITY PROGRAM
- Minimum age 5 years
- Suitable for non-swimmers
Join us for some entertaining Bug activities at the ocean, lake or pool. The perfect craft for beginners, riverbugs are intuitive to paddle and students are encouraged to use their initiative to discover fun ways to use them.
A short briefing on safety and the basics is all that's needed to get people going (no long winded paddle drills!). We'll entertain the students with fun games and initiative challenges, with inclusivity and participation the key aims. Our programmes also include elements of local history and Te Reo Māori.
We can run the programmes at one of our locations around Tauranga and the wider the Bay of Plenty, or other location of your choice. Duration and content can be tailored to suit your objectives, budget and needs.
BUG FUN ITINERARY
- Change into swimwear
- Issue equipment
- Karakia (blessing)
- Practice on water
- Easy 'warm-up' activities
- Fun games and initiative challenges
- Return equipment
- Change into dry clothes
- Riverbug equipment (Riverbug, buoyancy aid & flippers)
- Games and initiative challenge resources
- Program facilitators
- Changing and toilet facilities at the venue
- Swimwear (may bring own wetsuit. Optional)
- Sun protection
- Water, snack/lunch
- For programs run at public swimming pools there may be an extra charge to cover the use of the facilities.
- Wetsuits may be provided in cooler conditions. Participants are encouraged to bring their own wetsuit if they have one.
- Riverbug.nz is an independently audited, and WorkSafe registered outdoor activity provider. Contact us for copies of our Activity Risk Assessment and Safety Management Systems.